Monroe City Council
September 8, 2014
Monroe City Hall
206 West Sherman Street
Monroe, Iowa 50170
- Roll Call
- Consent Agenda.
- Committee and Board Reports
- Monroe Recreation Park Update and discuss council expectations of the ground maintenance.
- Reconsideration of the Keep Iowa Beautiful Contract.
- Casey’s alcohol permit renewal Class C beer, Class B wine and Sunday sales for 509 S Monroe.
- Mustang Lanes request for Class B beer and Sunday sales.
- Approve Old Settlers Liquor License for October 4, 2014.
- 7:15 Public Hearing for 2014 Water Main Project and award of contract to selected bidder.
- Consider Board of Adjustment recommendation for variance of building permit property located at 501 S Monroe owned by John & Kay Van Ryswyk.
- Discussion of parking concerns on E Nevada Street.
- Appointment of Staci Geer to the Monroe Public Library Board.
- Consideration of hiring part time office employee.
- Resolution approving annual City Street Financial Report.
- Resolution for Police Department hiring of Gabriel Wilson as Monroe Police Officer.
- Resolution for hiring of Nicholas Chambers as Monroe Police Chief.
- Ordinance for rezoning of properties located at 411 S Monroe and 501 S Monroe owned by John and Kay Van Ryswyk.
- Resolution Proposing Sale and Authorizing Public Hearing for Sale of 504 North Main; Monroe, Iowa.
- Establish criteria for a RFP for the sale of the City Property; Parcel Number 17.36.101.003, located west of 711 West Washington.
- Approve Engagement Letter with Piper Jaffray ref the 2014 Water Main Project.
- Acknowledge Disclosure Required for Issuing Bonds for the 2014 Water Main Project.
- Approve Form of Term Sheet for Distribution by Piper Jaffray relating to the 2014 Water Main Project.
- Resolution to fix a date for a public hearing on a proposal to enter into a loan agreement and to borrow money thereunder in a principal amount not to exceed $750,000.